Wednesday, February 1, 2012

trublend

I wanted to try mineral powder, I've heard many positive things about it.  Here is my experience with Covergirl's trublend minerals. 
 I got either the lightest or second lightest shade they had, 405-translucent fair.  I have very light skin, especially this time of the year.  I was hoping I could just wear some mineral power and skip the foundation.
 On the back of the product you can see you can use this alone or over liquid makeup.  I would not suggest you use it alone.  There is not really any coverage with just this powder, unless your skin is perfect, then by all means go for it!  I, however, need to apply liquid foundation and then apply this product on top. 
 I think it does a nice job getting rid of any shine, and softening the look.  I wish it had a little bit more coverage though. 
 I notice just a tiny, tiny bit of shimmer when the sun shines on it, which I like.  I would say this is a nice finishing powder overall.  I think the color matches well.
 I also notice that it does not take a lot of powder to cover your face, a little goes a long way.
 I don't know if you can really tell from this picture but in the middle of my hand I applied some power.  It matches my skin color very well and I can see the tiny bit of shimmer.  Depending on what you are looking for this product might just be right for you.
Hope you all have a great rest of the week!  Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. CoverGirl powders tend to shimmer, just a little. I've noticed that too. Good to know this was a nice product though. I've always liked this brand.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments! Please let me know if you are a new follower of mine so I can try to follow you as well!! XO, Heather Honey